What is it important?
Energy Measurement is a necessity nowadays. As the consumption of energy is increasing more fuel is used in the production of the energy. This results in the increase of greenhouse gases and this results in an increase in average temperature of the planet. This results in melting of the glaciers, increase in sea level and change in climate condition.
What are we trying to do?
Power consumption is monitored at regular intervals to regulate the usage of electronic appliances and help in reducing the power consumption. Its also gives us details about voltage and current that is consumed.
Monitor and measure the following energy related parameters in and around the campus
- Voltage & Current in each phase
- Power factor
- Power consumption (VA), Signed active power (KW), Signed reactive power (kVAr)
- Energy consumption in KW & KVA
- Maximum demand(peak load) in KWh
- Crystal(CT/Non-CT) smart Energy Meters are used.
- IOT interface using LORAWAN(<1GHZ) to enable wide range reliable deployment with minimal infrastructure and low power consumption.
- Potential power saving.
- IoT interface using LORAWAN (<1GHZ) to enable wide range reliable deployment with minimal infrastructure and low power consumption.